Friday, June 11, 2010

Putting Words Down on Paper reviews "Why God Matters"

Putting Words Down on Paper
June 11, 2010

A Review of Why God Matters

by Susanne Drazic


Why God Matters

How to Recognize Him in Daily Life

Karina Lumbert Fabian
Deacon Steven Lumbert


114 pgs., hardcover
ISBN 9780982256534



Although Why God Matters has been written from the Catholic viewpoint, I think that everyone of Christian faith who has experienced God in their lives can learn something from reading this book. Whether you are new to your faith or a long time believer, this book will show you how to find God in the ordinary day-to-day activities of your life. As you read the stories and life lessons, you will find yourself reflecting on the many ways that God has always been present in your life.

In Why God Matters, Karina Fabian and Deacon Lumbert share their personal stories and the life lessons they learned. Also in the book are bible passages, quotes and passages taken from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. One bible passage in the book is from I Corinthians 10:31: "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God." These are powerful words to live by.

I enjoyed reading Why God Matters. Some of the stories made me laugh while others made me cry. The stories also made me think about my own personal journey of knowing God. Although I learned something from all of the stories and life lessons, four of the stories that really stood out the most to me were: Love in a Pot of Rice, Does God Send Flowers?, Bare Feet, and Cough It Up. I felt a special connection to these stories.

God speaks to all of us on a daily basis. We just have to keep our hearts open to what he has to tell us. Why God Matters shows us how to see God in the day-to-day of our lives and how to have a deeper, more meaningful relationship with him.

No comments: